#error "GLOBAL_ADC requires XMC Peripheral Library v2.0.0 or higher"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User13960
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
Hi everyone.

Can anyone help with the following error in DAVE 4...

#error "GLOBAL_ADC requires XMC Peripheral Library v2.0.0 or higher"

I can generate code and build the project without errors for the example "ADC_MEASUREMENT_EXAMPLE_XMC45" project but if I try and incorporate the ADC_MEASUREMENT app into my own project I get the above error. The only changes I made were to increase the number of channels with my own channel names / pin mapping and a different interrupt handler name.

Both projects are in the same workspace and DAVE 4 reports there are no updates available.

I'm not even sure how to check which version of the XMCLib's are installed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PHAB
0 Likes
3 Replies
User13960
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
I appear to be running XMCLib version 2.1.8 so higher than 2.0.0.

Is there a setting in the project configuration which define which version of the XMCLib to use ?
0 Likes
User13960
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
So I found a solution (which I don't understand as all of my projects in DAVE 4 have been created in the last week using the same workspace and I assume the same XMCLib versions).

1) I created a new project
2) I copied the 'Libraries' folder and sub folders from the new project to my non working project
3) Re-built non working project
4) All errors are gone.

If anyone can explain why this solved the problem I would appreciate it. Anyway I hope this helps others who may run into similar problems.

Thanks
PHAB
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

Infineon, there must be an easier solution.
I tried the usual 'Install DAVE APP/Example/Device Library' and 'DAVE Project Upgrade > APPs Upgrade'
But neither of those made a difference

Regards,

David King
0 Likes