Is the TLE7182E gate driver compatible with the AUIRF7739L2TR DirectFET ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I plan to use the TLE7182E gate driver to drive a full H-bridge using AUIRF7739L2TR DirectFETs.

The supply voltage will be 13.8V and the switching frequency will be 25kHz.

Will this gate driver be able to drive these DirectFETs ?

I have been reading various application notes to determine the power requirements for a gate driver but its confusing.

Things I am unsure of are:

1 - What is the voltage of the TLE7182E gate driver outputs ? Will this be the supply voltage i.e. 13.8V ?
2 - The AUIRF7739L2TR data sheet has two values for Gate-to-Source charge, Qgs1 (46nC) and Qgs2 (19nC). Whats the difference and which value should I use ?
3 - What is the maximum output current of the TLE7182E gate driver outputs, I cannot seem to find this value in the datasheet ?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuyan_Tang
10 questions asked 5 questions asked First question asked
You could use TLE7182E to drive AUIRF7739L2TR DirectFET.
The output volage of TLE7182E gate driver should be almost the same or a Little bit less than the supply voltage. (VS - I * Rdson)
As can be seen in the data sheet page8 there are 2 sources. You should use the sum of these 2 values Qgs=Qgs1+Qgs2.
The maximum ouput current is not given in the data sheet, however it should not be more than the supply current, which states in data sheet page8 45mA.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yuyan_Tang
10 questions asked 5 questions asked First question asked
You could use TLE7182E to drive AUIRF7739L2TR DirectFET.
The output volage of TLE7182E gate driver should be almost the same or a Little bit less than the supply voltage. (VS - I * Rdson)
As can be seen in the data sheet page8 there are 2 sources. You should use the sum of these 2 values Qgs=Qgs1+Qgs2.
The maximum ouput current is not given in the data sheet, however it should not be more than the supply current, which states in data sheet page8 45mA.
0 Likes