infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do I Need two BTN8962A Here

New Member New Member shay1995 is on a distinguished road

Do I Need two BTN8962A Here

How are you?

Recently I am involving in a project about design a BDC driving board with BTN8962A which is from Infineon . BTN8962A is a half of H-bridge IC.

As we all know,BDC driving circuit is just like this:

In this picture,We set a High side MOS(QA) as Open,and set a High side(QC) and a Low side(QB) MOSes as close.We just have to ouput a PWM signal to control the speed of BDC.

However,I met some troubles when I use Infineon BTN8962,I found I could not do this unless using the INH pin as PWM signal input pin. ( In fact,this pin is sleep mode enable pin.It can close its MOS.)

Which pin should I set as PWM signal output pin? Do I need one more BTN8962A here in order to make a complete H bridge ?

Please give me some help !
    Thank you in advance.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    HighPower is on a distinguished road
    Hi shay1995,

you are right in using the INH Pin as PWM input. This is the most efficient way to control the speed of you motor.
    If you are using the BTN8962TA as a half bridge (as shown in figure 17 in the datasheet) it would be also possible to use the IN Pin for PMW. But in this case you force the motor to slow down when the LSS is active. So this will be pretty inefficient.

To build a full H-Bridge you need two of the BTN8962TA. You can find a reference design in figure 16 of the datasheet.

Have fun with it!
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

+ Reply to Thread