DAVE4 DALI Support?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8734
Level 4
Level 4
Hello,

DAVE3 has DALI App: DALICG02
What about DAVE4? I did not find DALI App where 😞

BR
K
0 Likes
5 Replies
User17954
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

Is there an answer for this question. I am using last version of DAVE4, but I also miss DALI App. ?
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi

For DAVE4 we have available a library that you can download at, https://infineoncommunity.com/2018Mar_GLOB_GATED_DALI_Software_ID941
You will find an APP note describing the usage of the library in the zip file.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User17954
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Jesus,

Thanks a lot for your message. I have downloaded the software and actually builded for XMC1302 target (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/kit_xmc_led_dali_20_rgb/).
It builds successfully and with the help of J-Link debug probe, I can execute ande debug the code.

However, I would like to configure kit_xmc_led_dali_20_rgb as a control gear in a a DALI network. I could not find a guide that can help me how to proceed.

Could you please let me know if there is updated guide/information regarding that ?

Thanks,
Erkan
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Did you read through the accompanying application note in the doc folder of the project?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User17954
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Jesus,

Yes, actually I went through the documents. However, it did not help. I am still looking for answers to following questions:

1. I should use the kit_xmc_led_dali_20_rgb as a control gear/slave in a DALI line, right ?
2. Does all the code given in DALI2_EXAMPLES/DALIxmc1300 should be complied and downloaded to kit_xmc_led_dali_20_rgb ? Or only a part of the code should be used.
3. Is there any complete ecosystem example with a master and kit_xmc_led_dali_20_rgb as slave ?

I could not manage to get an address in a DALI network to kit_xmc_led_dali_20_rgb.
I am using DALI power supply and master from another vendor. Does kit_xmc_led_dali_20_rgb compatible to work with other devices from other vendors in a DALI network ?

Is it possible to get any training from Infenion about XMC and/or DALI ?

Thank you,
Erkan.
0 Likes