infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sense2Go Development Kit Exporting Data

New Member New Member jjn123 is on a distinguished road

Sense2Go Development Kit Exporting Data

I would like to export the data acquired by the Sense2Go Development kit when connected via usb to a laptop, and after running the GUI. The kit comes with the MATLAB which processes the data, as well as displays the data in the GUI. My initial thought is to modify this MATLAB code to include a line which saves the acquired data. Unfortunately, this will not work as I would need to compile this new MATLAB code, which I cannot do as I do not have the MATLAB compiler on my laptop. Anyone have any suggestions on how to save the acquired data?

Intermediate Intermediate persike is on a distinguished road
    Hello jjn123,

The XMC 2Go send the information to MATLAB over USB. I'm not sure if it encrypts the information or not (I don't think so) but you can try sniff the serial communication.

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    finketho is on a distinguished road
    Hi jjn123,

may I please know if your kit is really the old (outdated) Sense2Go platform or successor platforms like Sense2Go2 or Sense2GoL? For latter ones we have software updates that are able to strem data via UART.

Best regards,
    Thomas
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

New Member New Member tjd is on a distinguished road
    Hi, I'm using sense2Go2, where can i get the software updates from?

Thanks

Intermediate Intermediate persike is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by finketho View Post
    Hi jjn123,

may I please know if your kit is really the old (outdated) Sense2Go platform or successor platforms like Sense2Go2 or Sense2GoL? For latter ones we have software updates that are able to strem data via UART.

Best regards,
    Thomas
    There's no firmware available to this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3D-Magnetic-Sensor_3-Elemnts_Group_small.jpg_836958454.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	3152

Hi jjn123,

Best regards,
    Thomas
    I am using the Sense2Go2_3.1. I now have a MATLAB license, and so am able to modify the code that came with the board. The code reads in data into buffers of size 500 samples and displays it in a GUI. To save the data, I append these buffers to one big list, but this causes discontinuities every 500 samples, because there is a small pause between buffer reads. Any advice on a better way to get this data? How might I stream data using UART?
    Last edited by jjn123; Oct 11th, 2017 at 01:46 PM.

Beginner Beginner OmniPre is on a distinguished road
    You may want to look at www.omnipresense.com. The OPS241-A performs the same as the Sense2Go module but has a different API which easily connects to a PC. Serial data is output over USB to any command terminal like TeraTerm.

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Hi persike,

components depicted in your picture look like the magnetic sensor from Infineon. This is not a radar sensor like Sense2Go2 or Sense2GoL. I can only answer questions to radar sensors.

Best regards,
    Thomas
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Hi tjd,

for software updates, please go to the 24GHz landing page www.infineon.com/24ghz and navigate to the Software&Tools area. There you will find information how to get access to the software.

Best regards,
    Thomas

Hi tjd,

for software updates, please go to the 24GHz landing page www.infineon.com/24ghz and navigate to the Software&Tools area. There you will find information how to get access to the software.

Best regards,
    Thomas
    Hi again,

Edit: I now realize I do not have Sense2Go2, but Sense2Go. Are there any other options for this older model?

Thanks,

jjn123
    Last edited by jjn123; Oct 20th, 2017 at 09:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread