infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XMC 2Go

Intermediate Intermediate persike is on a distinguished road

XMC 2Go

Hello,

I've been trying to use an I2C sensor on XMC 2Go board but I'm having difficult to do it. It stucks on a while that means nothing happened (no end of transmission, receive, nack or some error).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	while.png
Views:	6
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	3107

The I2C App is configured as the following (I'm using DAVE 4):

Name:	i2cpin.png
Views:	0
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	3109

Name:	interrupt.png
Views:	0
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	3108

The main code can be seen below:
    main.txt

Does anybody have idea of what's happening?
    Thanks in advance,
    Best regards.

Heres the full project that I've been developing and trying to run.
    The I2C pins doesn't even change the level. I had sucess coding it into DAVE 3, but I can't do it on DAVE 4.
    ?????

I'm pretty sure that I have discovered the problem but I still don't know how to solve it.

I was checking with an oscilloscope and noticed that the I2C stop working when it receives a Nack. The fact is when it receives a nack or some error it does nothing, but it should call the respective handler configured on the App.
    I also checked on debug and the I2C handlers were configured.

Name:	handlers.png
Views:	2
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	3112

If i don't received a nack or some error the I2C works, at the moment it receives a nack or an error I2C get stucked in a infinite loop.

Hello guys,

I deleted the all project and created again and I2C now is kind of "working". I noticed a bug that it is necessary to force a re-initialization everytime that a communication is necessary as shown in the picture:

Name:	bug.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	3115

That's bad because it tooks arround 9ms to init the peripheral, so it's a big waste of processing time. Since the code is to read a sensor periodically, it means that the uc loose 9ms everytime that it needs to read data, which means a maximum reading frequency of 110Hz (if it's only reading and don't doing anything else).

I hope I can get some help from Infineon team because it seems to be a bug on DAvE 4 (since on DAvE 3 works well). I also read all the I2C documentation and examples and didn't find the answer of this problem.

+ Reply to Thread