Replacing IPS6044 with BTS716G

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am building an Arduino-controlled solenoid system designed around the 4x4 Driver Shield from SparkFun based on the now obsolete IPS6044 to drive the solenoids.

To replace the IPS6044, I chose the BTS716G. It seems to be very similar to the IPS6044 and is suitable to drive 12 V 0.67 W solenoids.

Is there anything significantly different between the BTS716G and the IPS6044 that I need to consider?

Regarding the BTS716G, can I leave the diagnostic feedback pins ST1/2 and ST3/4 unconnected? I don't think I need them.

Thank you,

DG
0 Likes
1 Solution
yifei_y
250 replies posted 25 likes received 100 solutions authored
Hi dglman,

BTS716S is the good replacment for IPS6044, but note the switching time difference between both parts.

We do not recommend to let ST pins floating, you can pull it up or down.

Occam

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
yifei_y
250 replies posted 25 likes received 100 solutions authored
Hi dglman,

BTS716S is the good replacment for IPS6044, but note the switching time difference between both parts.

We do not recommend to let ST pins floating, you can pull it up or down.

Occam
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Occam

Thank you, the switching/delay times are acceptable - thank you for pointing them out. Regarding the ST pins, several libraries I am using Eagle are marking them as inputs, I suspect this is incorrect and they should be output/sense pins.

Either way, I am not going to be using them, but I am curious.

dgelman
0 Likes