Using BTS716

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am building an Arduino-controlled solenoid system designed around the 4x4 Driver Shield from SparkFun based on IRs IPS6044 to drive the solenoids.

I am now spinning my own board and I realised that the driver IC on the shield is now obsolete.

To replace the IPS6044, I chose Infineon's BTS716G. It seems to be very similar to the IPS6044 and is suitable to drive 12 V 0.67 W solenoids.

Is there anything significantly different between the BTS716G and the IPS6044 that I need to consider?

Thank you,

DG
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vishnu_Nambrath
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

BTS716G can be a replacement for AUIPS6044G. Features and performance are similar.  

Please do have a check for the power dissipation and thresholds for the inputs and outputs if you are operating close to the limits for AUIPS6044G. There is a slight difference in this. 

Thank you 

Vishnu Nambrath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vishnu_Nambrath
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

BTS716G can be a replacement for AUIPS6044G. Features and performance are similar.  

Please do have a check for the power dissipation and thresholds for the inputs and outputs if you are operating close to the limits for AUIPS6044G. There is a slight difference in this. 

Thank you 

Vishnu Nambrath

0 Likes