No source availble for GDB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm trying to merge two example apps, OPCUA_LWIP and ETHCAT_SSC_XMC to get both working on XMC4800 relax kit. I somehow managed to merge both, but when I try to debug, the program is downloadable to the board, but the debug doesn't start at all. It just gives me an error saying :

No source available for "(gdb[0].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[0].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"

I tried reading the other thread, but None of it works,

1) I don't have any commands to delete in the debug configuration
2) creating a new Workspace doesn't work
3) re-installing DAVE also doesn't work

I'm really clueless, please help me.

Thanks in advance,
Vinay
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
Hi Vinay,

A brief reply, as I'm typing from my phone. But just in case helps, I get that error if an interrupt occurs, but there is no corresponding entry in the vector table. So just to rule that out, I would suggest screen grab the interrupt list from each of your two 'donor' projects. Then compare with the interrupt list in the 'merge' project. Anything missing? INTERRUPT_0 APP from the LwIP project, perhaps? Make sure too, the APP settings in the 'merge' project, match that in the 'donors'. Check also the APP connections. Infact for those checks, probably easiest to have all 3 open, each in their own DAVE instance, you can then eyeball compare. They will need to be sitting in different workspace folders, to allow that. Lastly, if the donors are different XMC4 family members, you will need to review the pin assignments, and check they accord with the XMC4800. To mention, for our project, I did a similar merge, of DAVE example projects for Modbus TCP, which uses ETH_LWIP APP, and thus the LwIP stack, and EtherCAT SSC APP, which uses ETH_SSC APP. I had a few colourful issues along the way, most of which you'll find amongst my posts to this forum, and one of which was remedied by a LwIP stack uprev, as part of regular DAVE update release, but not the problem you're getting, at least not as part of the merge. Anyway, hope of some help..

Best regards,

David
0 Likes