TLE 6244X Output Not Turning On

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm trying to use a TLE 6244x to turn on a 12V DC motor. I've got !ABE and !RST wired directly to +5V, and have code in place to set both the corresponding MUX and SCON registers to 0 for all values, which should turn the motor on.

However, it doesn't, and there's no continuity between any of the output pins and ground. My STATCON register reads as normal, so there doesn't seem to be any problems there, and using the SPI read commands I'm able to read the SCON and MUX registers as well and confirm that they're set correctly.

Is there anything I'm potentially missing?
0 Likes
1 Solution
User13164
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
This device is obsolete -> https://infineon.product-discontinuation.com/Pdf/2015/13315/cPD_133_15.pdf

See attached pictures.

2783.attach
2784.attach

Yes, assuming that you have connected the DC 12V motor to UBATT and any output (outputs parallel?, GND_!ABE to GND as well) with MUX and SCON bits all set to '0' the output should be switched on.
Because of the special role of OUT8 try again with a pull-up to UBATT.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
User13164
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
This device is obsolete -> https://infineon.product-discontinuation.com/Pdf/2015/13315/cPD_133_15.pdf

See attached pictures.

2783.attach
2784.attach

Yes, assuming that you have connected the DC 12V motor to UBATT and any output (outputs parallel?, GND_!ABE to GND as well) with MUX and SCON bits all set to '0' the output should be switched on.
Because of the special role of OUT8 try again with a pull-up to UBATT.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

I've tried three different TLE 6244X chips now, and the same issue is arising. The diagnostic registers for the appropriate output also read with no errors (11) .

My GND_!ABE is also sunk to the system ground, and I only have one output wired up.
0 Likes