infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XMC1400 - Running from the standby clock (32kHz DCO2) after deep sleep wake-up

Beginner Beginner xmc-12345 is on a distinguished road

XMC1400 - Running from the standby clock (32kHz DCO2) after deep sleep wake-up

Hi,

As far as I understand, when going to deep sleep mode the DCO1(96MHz oscillator) is disabled and then MCLK/PCLK is running from the standby clock (32kHz oscillator DCO2).
    When the device wakes up from the deep sleep (e.g. via SysTick interrupt) I see that the MCLK/PCLK is switched back automatically to DCO1.

Is there an option to configure the device in such a way that after wake-up form deep sleep it:
    - keeps DCO1(96MHz) off
    AND
    - runs from the standby clock (32kHz DCO2)?

Thanks.

Advanced Advanced aurixuser is on a distinguished road
    As illustrated by the reference manual, it is possible.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cgu_xmc1.png
Views:	3
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	3075

Hi,

Could you please help me pointing out e.g.: the register or set of registers to:
    Set DCO2 as clock source for MCLK/PCLK
    Is that even possible under normal operation (without generating a loss clock situation)?

Thanks!
    Last edited by xmc-12345; Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:53 AM.

Advanced Advanced aurixuser is on a distinguished road
    I just get the conclusion from the user manual. I have not done the register setting in my application. Maybe you need to dig the user manual for the detail.

Hi,

I already check all clock related sections of the reference manual without success.
    My conclusion is that setting DCO2 as clock source for MCLK/PCLK under normal operation is simply not possible, but would like to have a confirmation e.g.: from an Infineon employee to stop digging and investing time in this topic.

BR.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

It is not possible to use DCO2 as clock source for MCLK/PCLK in normal mode.
    What about if you ramp down DCO1 before entering deep sleep mode?

Regards,
    Jesus
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your answer.

Ramping down DCO1 is our current approach, but the following topic is open:
    Which is the maximum MCLK/PCLK frequency allowed before going to deep sleep mode?
    I started a new thread for it few days ago:
    https://www.infineonforums.com/threa...eep-sleep-mode
    Could you please help us to clarify it?

BR.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.