Is it possible to Import a Project in Dave

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11996
Level 3
Level 3
Hello.

Is it possible to import a existing project in Dave???

It seems to be a easy question with the answer: Yes
but i canot compile a project after import.

What happend:

I copied a complete working project-folder (from a other user) to a neu folder (including .cproject, folder .settings, .metadata...)
I import the project a) as existing project
I import the project b) as dave project

I correct the path of the D_LibraryStore_4.1 in the properties (after import a wrong path is set).

In both cases, i get many errormesages at building:
d:/dave4/eclipse/arm-gcc-49/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: MyProject.elf uses VFP register arguments, d:/dave4/eclipse/arm-gcc-49/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m/softfp\libg_nano.a(lib_a-nano-svfprintf.o) does not

I canot choose a microcontroller at properties - c/C++ Builder - Microcontroller Info, because Error: Could Not Accept Changes; The currently displayed page contains invalid values. is shown
I canot choose a memory Settings at properties - c/C++ Builder - Memory Settings, because Error: Cannot launch this page in multi configuration mode.; Re-launch the dialog and navigate to this page after selecting single configuration.
-> i have only one (1) procject. Even if i close the project, the error appears.

Any Idea???

:
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Hallo xmcuser17

this worked for me:
create a new (empty) DAVE workspace when Dave starts up. Import your project through right cklick -> import -> infineon -> dave project. The project data can be anywhere but NOT in you current working directory!
Hope that works-

Best
Christoph
0 Likes
User11996
Level 3
Level 3
Hi VNB60.

Thanks for your try to help.

It doesn't work.

xmcuser17 wrote:

I copied a complete working project-folder (from a other user) to a neu folder (including .cproject, folder .settings, .metadata...)
:

It seen's this is a bug from the Dave-IDE.
If i copy the files .cproject and .project from a working project to the not working project,
and restart Dave, i can compile the project without problems
#### for one time ####
If i change 1 line source code or try to compile a second time or try to debug, the error occurs again.

So i have to leave dave,
copy the two files
every time i want to change a source-code line :mad:

not so well.....

Has any of the experts a idea?
0 Likes
User11996
Level 3
Level 3
Hi.

It's terrible.

I open Dave with a empty project. I create a new folder
Than i import a existing project (Menu: File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projets into Workspace.
After that i want to compile the project.

That's too much for Dave.....

He compiles all source code without errors.....
Than i get the good old errormessages ... /arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: MyProject.elf uses VFP register arguments
Fine. That's it.

No solution at the end of the day...

-> I can create a new project with Dave and can compile it.
-> I can NOT import a working existing project into a new directory and get it running
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Did you try importing the project using File > Import > Infineon > DAVE Project?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User11996
Level 3
Level 3
Hi Jesus.

Yes, i've try it..

xmcuser17 wrote:

:

No chance. It seems Dave is loosing the microcontroller settings while importing the project and i can't change this in any way....
0 Likes
User11857
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, I’m trying to understand the best way to use DAVE/Eclipse with Git.
I have pushed to remote OK.
Then I opened a new workspace and cloned the project OK.
However the cloned project does not seem to be recognsed as a DAVE project.
I tried to import the project using the folder location but that does not work.
Please can you advise and please could you point me at any general guidance opn using Git with Dave.
I would like to know where people normally put their local project files when using Git with DAVE - do they still use the Eclipse Workspaces?
I look forward to your reply.
Many thanks,
Rob TJ

https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/5291-Is-it-possible-to-Import-a-Project-in-Dave
0 Likes