Dave 4 Library search path (-L) can not be set in the GUI when the C++ Linker is used

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am using Dave 4.3.2.

I have a C++ project (renamed main.c to main.cpp) and I am trying to link a static library. In Properties / C/C++ General / Paths and Symbols the tab for Library Paths is missing. Even in Properties / C/C++ Build / ARM-GCC C++ Linker the -L section is missing.
I guess this is a bug, because when the main.cpp is re-renamed to main.c, the Library Path tab is in place.
This bug can be reproduced with a fresh DAVE CE project.

Kind regards!
0 Likes
4 Replies
User12216
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
We use C++ for the XMC4700 and XMC1404. I see the library tab on our DAVE 4.3.2:

2762.attach

I also have the option in Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings in the ARM-GCC C++ Linker -> Libraries section.
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

This is a known problem in the current DAVE version.It is going to be solved in the next release.
In the mean time as a work around you can set up the library search path using the -L in the miscellaneous page of the linker properties, in the Other Flags input box.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Jesus,

thank you very much for your response! I will use the workaround that you have suggested.

Kind regards
Valentina
0 Likes