Microcontroller TLE9879QXA40

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

Is anyone working with the microcontroller TLE9879QXA40 for the BLDC Motor application? I Need some help, I will be grateful if anyone answers.

Thanks
0 Likes
7 Replies
Not applicable
sai krishna wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone working with the microcontroller TLE9879QXA40 for the BLDC Motor application? I Need some help, I will be grateful if anyone answers.

Thanks

Hello,I have started working with the microcontroller TLE9879QXA40 for the BLDC Motor application. I am new to Infineon and and seems like in this forum people are not replying to ant questions.
It would be really nice if you could share your experience with TLE9879QXA40.
0 Likes
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
Dear Sai Krishna and Litun,
Of course, someone is working with the TLE9879.

You can find a lot of material, including Data Sheet, User Manual, Eval Board Dokumentation, Getting Started Guide and Application Notes
here: http://www.infineon.com/tle987x

Best Regards,

M.K.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Dear M.K,
Thanks.I have 2 numbers of TLE9879 Eval Kit but both of the board shoe Bridge Drive Short problem. It has been almost one and half months stuck with this problem but still Infineon TAC are not able to resolve this issue.

I really doubt it is a software error because BRDV-> CTRL1 and CTRL2 registers never cone to their reset state as defined in the datasheet.

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/345376/reason-of-mosfet-over-current/345890?noredire...

Secondly there are lot of ambiguity in the datasheet specifically software procedure for BRDV diagnosis.
And last but not least, I do,t think there are many users of TLE9879 eval kit, other wise they would have faced same issue which reflect on the internet.
I have worked with PIC and STM but never had such horrible experience like infineon. 😞

Reg
sourav
0 Likes
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
Hello Litun,
I just anwered to another thread of yours, which focus on your issue:
https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/5623-TLE9879-Eval-Kit-Bridge-drive-Not-Functioning

Have you already tried our example code, we provide in the µVision Keil 5 pack installer?
You can check the functionality of your board with one of BLDC projects, for example.

Best Regards,
M.K.
0 Likes
User21535
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Hey if anyone worked on BLDC Shield with TLE9879QXA40 for Arduino please help me out.

i actually used the example sketch for single board which is given by the Infineon in the git hub. currently my BLDC motor is vibrating when i upload the sketch i don't know what to do next is there any parameters i need to set please help me out with this.
0 Likes
Ramius
5 sign-ins First like received 10 replies posted
Dear Varun

you have first to set-up the motor parameters properly. Using the Arduino shield, the motor parameters can be set using the commands as described in the app note:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BLDC_shield-UserManual-v01_02-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d462696dbf120...

In the par. 4.4 you find the setting of the motor parameters, for example:

shields->setParameter(FOC_POLE_PAIRS , 4, BOARD1); // it configures the pole pairs to 4

shields->setParameter(FOC_PWM_FREQ, 20000, BOARD1); // it configures the PWM frequency to 20 kHz

Best regards
Ramius
0 Likes
Ramius
5 sign-ins First like received 10 replies posted
Hello
sorry for the late reply, the motor parameters that you can set are:
- pole pairs: FOC_POLE_PAIRS --> not visible in your datasheet
- resistance: FOC_R_PHASE --> 2.152 Ohm in your datasheet
- inductance: FOC_L_PHASE ---> 525 µH
- nominal current: FOC_NOM_CUR --> you have a peak current of 11 A
- maximum speed: FOC_MAX_CUR --> you have a speed at no load of 17900 rpm
With all the other parameters you can play with the values, starting with the default ones.

Best regards
Ramius
0 Likes