Serial Communication on Tricore on TC 297B

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User13554
Level 1
Level 1
Hello All,

I am trying to establish serial communication on pc for debugging(TC 297B) and display the register contents on serial terminal window. I am using Hi Tech Tri core tool chain.
I am able to establish serial communication with single core but when I run the same program with all the 3 cores enabled, then the output of the serial window is always a junk.
Its not the issue with baud rate I checked it.Any inputs is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
0 Likes
6 Replies
User11554
Level 1
Level 1
You use one serial interface for all three cores?
You thought about the problem of the three cores using the interface in parallel?
0 Likes
User13554
Level 1
Level 1
Yes. All three cores are enabled but only core0, is sending and receiving.
0 Likes
User11554
Level 1
Level 1
Are you sure to program isn´t running on all cores in parallel - would explain your problem.
0 Likes
User13554
Level 1
Level 1
I figured out that there was grounding problem with the board. I couldnt fix the serial port problem. But any how I am using gpio pins for my testing.
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User17394
Level 2
Level 2
Hello, I use the example code "HelloSerial_ApplicationKitTC275C-Step" and I'm not able to display the output text that the serial port send by usb. How can I make it on the free tool chain IDE. I try to retrieve something by the terminal of RealTerm in the port 38400 but I have nothing (I have just the connection between the PC and the board by USB/micro USB).

Thank you in advance.
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Hello bsr656,

You can extend the code example project for the UART module to show the registers you are interested in: UART training code example.
this example also comes with a tutorial, which can be found here: UART tutorial.

Furthermore, if you are interested in other modules and you want to start programming for AURIX™, you can get the new Integrated Development Environment (IDE) here: AURIX™ Development Studio and get inspired by numerous trainings from here: AURIX™ Trainings.

If you are not familiar with Eclipse based IDE’s checkout the Getting Started guide!

Hope it helps,
teoBits
0 Likes