Workspace folder

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

While DAVE was not open, I renamed my workspace folder, due request from management. When I reopen my project, everything builds and works fine. But, I find that building causes my old workspace folder, to be re-created. When I drill into that folder, it contains just one file, 5 folders deep, within ...metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.ui\, the file being named 'Project.build.log'. I've looked everywhere within my workspace, for a reference to the old workspace name. I've also grepped all workspace files, for a reference to the old workspace folder. But can't find it, anywhere. Anyone have any ideas, where the old workspace folder reference(s), might be, so I can change ?

Best regards,

David
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
OK, solved this one, by exporting the project, closing DAVE, renaming the workspace folder from foo to foobad, restarting DAVE, typing foo for desired folder name, having DAVE create workspace folder foo, importing project to foo, rebuilding. Now, no longer creates old workspace folder, whenever build project. Have now deleted foobad.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Digging, I've found the full path to the 'Project.build.log' file, including the workspace folder name, is configured at Project properties > C/C++ Build > Logging > Log file location. A grep for 'Project.build.log' nets nothing, so it's not stored in plain text. Anyway, if management come calling for another workspace folder rename, I know now where I have to change it, as well..
0 Likes
Not applicable
Maybe, Project properties > C/C++ Build > Environment > CWD and PWD, too..
0 Likes