VADC queue mode conversion triggering in TC23x TriCore series

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Dear Community!

I'd like to seek for a little help configuring the VADC module of the above mentioned chip.

I want to carry out a well defined sequence of measurements, using the VADC module, by placing the required channels into the measurement queue. The measurements shall be triggered by an external trigger (coming from a TOM).

Currently I have multiple information about the behavioral of the VADC, so I'd like to ask whether all conversions (defined in the queue) are carried out in sequence after ONE external trigger received, or it is required multiple times to trigger
the VADC to step the queue, and to start conversions on every event?

Thank you for your help an advance!

Kind regards.
0 Likes
3 Replies
User13522
Level 1
Level 1
Hello~ Mr. Szetv138.

i recommend you to refer to XMC4000 VADC Document.

there're many informations for using the VADC( Queue mode, scan req' , Background mode )

and if you refer to Document, You might find that you want.

Finally, In my case, I used to use only one trigger and one interrupt with Conversion mode( queue mode or scan req mode ) / TC234, TC222

I hope you can solve problem.

Thank you.
0 Likes
User9635
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 50 questions asked 25 replies posted
Hello Rivaldo1,
As mentioned in your reply:
"i recommend you to refer to XMC4000 VADC Document.

there're many informations for using the VADC( Queue mode, scan req' , Background mode )
"
Can you please tell me which PDF file as mentioned above contains VADC Queue Mode details so that I can understand better about the mechanism to use it effectively?
Preferably with some examples.
Best regards
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Are you looking for TC2xx details, or TC3xx details?

The TC2xx has fixed channel conversions in addition to a channel scan request source, 8-stage queues, and a background channel scan source that is shared across all converters.

The TC3xx has fixed channel conversions, three queued request sources, and adds a timer unit for internal triggering capability.

The TC3xx iLLD has an EvadcBasicDemo that uses all three queues.
0 Likes