Eth_lwip 4.0.16

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I've just done an APP upgrade on our project, to the latest, and Ethenet comms has stopped working, not even Ping works.

From the upgrade report, I see DAVE has upped the ETH_LWIP APP, from 4.0.10 to 4.0.16. The last update I did, was back on 5 March, although there was no change from 4.0.10, at that time.

Has anyone else had problems with ETH_LWIP's later than 4.0.10 ? Solutions ?

Best regards,

David
0 Likes
3 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi David,

Are you using RTOS?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jesus,

In reply, no, we're RTOSless - just a regular call to eMBPoll and sys_check_timeouts from our main loop - it's running with a cycle time of 5us, sometimes peaking to 50us if we've something to do.

To mention, while DAVE is closed, I've tried deleting the 'Dave\Generated\ETH_LWIP\' folder, from our 'post-APP-upgrade' project. And copying in instead, the 'Dave\Generated\ETH_LWIP\' folder from our 'pre-APP-upgrade' project. That makes Ethernet comms (Modbus TCP) and ping, work again..

Best regards,

David
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi all,

Solution found:

Jesus has informed that in 4.0.16, Infineon had overlooked the ticking of 'Accept broadcast frames' by default, on the Network Interface tab. And in 4.0.10, the behaviour of that checkbox was wrong, as broadcast frames were accepted even if the box was unticked. That unticked setting was inherited from the DAVE example project for Modbus TCP.

With 4.0.16, I have now ticked the box, and normal service is resumed 🙂

To let the Forum know, in case anyone encountering same / similar issues..

Best regards,

David
0 Likes