Ethernet connection to External Host

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I was working with the Ethernet demo example code that comes with the Infineon framework. This example has the triboard running in loopback mode and sending and receiving packets without actually connecting Ethernet wire to the Ethernet port on the triboard. I now intend to implement a small program such that there is inbound and outbound Ethernet communication from the MCU to an external host and vice versa. I tried sending Ethernet packets over a patch cable connected to an external host by disabling the loopback mode and giving the proper MAC addresses in the demo code. The packets don’t seem to travel over the wire and are not received on the external host. I am thinking it may be some programming error in the demo code or the Eth library files regarding pin configuration or bad register values. The interesting thing to note here is that, the loopback mode works just fine when connected to the external host via a patch cable too, but the inbound/outbound communication with the external host fails somehow.

Anybody knows how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
I was still unable to communicate over Ethernet using this information in the link provided.
I also read the user manual and cross checked the Register Values.

Still, there is nothing from the PHY..

Any ideas on how to solve this? Is it working for you?
0 Likes
User16330
Level 2
Level 2
audiolines wrote:
I was still unable to communicate over Ethernet using this information in the link provided.
I also read the user manual and cross checked the Register Values.

Still, there is nothing from the PHY..

Any ideas on how to solve this? Is it working for you?

Hi
Did you find the solution of your problem,

According to me, and with the help from HENK I found out that the SCU_CHIPID of the board when mapped with TC234 datasheet addendum results in No ethernet for this variant.
so you have to choose such a variant that supports this Ethernet.

Best of luck
0 Likes