Dave4 BLDC hall sensor base with SPWM/SPWM example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi, I am new to BLDC. I have BLDC project for fan application, customer request using sinusoidal drive and must be sensor base.
I just found BLDC scalar Hall and FOC code examples on Dave 4. Scalar hall example look are using Trapezoidal control instead of sinusoidal, is there BLDC code example that with hall base and sinusoidal drive ?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Eric1
Employee
Employee
Hello rocky,

for the moment we neither have a BLDC control with sinusoidal output nor an FOC with HALL input.
The most customers request a FOC sensor-less control or a BLDC bock commutation control SL or with HALL.

For this three scenarios you will find an example on the web.

Best Regards
Frederic
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,
I had start my FOC sensorless controller using DAVE4 app PMSM-FOC V.4.24, it can work with control scheme "Direct FOC", "V/F to FOC" and "V/F MET transition to FOC" but the slow speed performance cannot meet our customer satifaction.
Also, my create FG_output (hall frequency ) are not really from HALL sensors but with PWM App with frequency estimated from software though the motor speed, it suffer some inaccurate an limit to integer of RPM

I am trying to use the 3 hall sensors for speed and rotor angle dectection,I want to replace the speed and rotor angle of PLL estimator with the hall sensors, is there any code reference ? where the insertion point should be ?
0 Likes