infineon4engi@twitter infineon@linkedin infineon4engineers infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XMC4200 switch CAN baudrate at runtime

Beginner Beginner SashaBelykh is on a distinguished road

XMC4200 switch CAN baudrate at runtime

Hello, everyone.

I have a question about XMC4200 CAN bit timing.
    Could you please guide me, how can I switch it at runtime?
    Specially, if my hardware is already initialized by DAVE's init functions.
    Namely, I need to reinit my CANs from 83333 to 500000.
    Here is my code, which does not work:
    Code:
    void CANxUpdateBaudrate( const CAN_NODE_t* handle, uint32_t baudrate )
    {
      //Disable CAN node participation in CAN traffic
      XMC_CAN_NODE_SetInitBit(handle->node_ptr);
      //Function to configure the baud rate based on UI configuration
      //Keep sample_point and sjw as they was before, update baudrate.
      CAN_NODE_ConfigBaudrate(handle, baudrate, handle->baudrate_config->sample_point, handle->baudrate_config->sjw);
      //Enable CAN node participation in CAN traffic
      XMC_CAN_NODE_ResetInitBit(handle->node_ptr);
    }
    This is usage example:
    Code:
    CANxUpdateBaudrate( &CAN1, 500000 );
    NOTE: my CANs works fine at 83333, I have to update
    Code:
      CAN1_BitTimeConfig.baudrate = 83333;
      CAN2_BitTimeConfig.baudrate = 83333;
    in main.c before DAVE_Init(), because GUI does not allow to set CAN's baudrate less than 100k.
    It also works fine at 500000 baud, if inited by DAVE_Init().

Now the method, which I use to check how it works:
    I add 2 MOs on my CANs: CAN1, CAN2, one for receive and transmit respectively.
    Then I add Rx and Tx events on needed MOs and link them to corresponding INTERRUPTs.
    When I do so, and enable these INTERRUPTs, they start to occur and receive CAN frames as I expect.
    I'm sending packets every 10 ms and all of them are received.

This works fine with settings inited by GUI both at 83333 and 500000 bauds.
    But do not work when I try to switch baudrate. At least INTERRUPTs do not occurs.

For example, I'm starting to send infinit number of frames at 500000 baud/s, and while CAN initialized at 83333 it obviously does not receive anything. But when CAN switches to 500000 it still does not receive anything.

New Member New Member brian.wisniewski is on a distinguished road
    Hi SashaBelykh, I am trying todo something similar, and like you, I am experiencing an issue with the CAN_NODE_ConfigBaudrate(..) API.
    Have you come across a solution?

+ Reply to Thread