IRMCK099 on a new design

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello All

I am looking to use the IRMCK099 in a new design, but I have the following questions:

1. I assume that the IRMCK099 will run BLDC motors just as well as the PMSM's? I have found no documentation stating that the IRMCK099 is happy with BLDC however they do state that thye target the drone market - which use BLDC.
2. Why is the Max value for the Max speed stated as 16384RPM? Surely the max speed is proportional to the number of motor poles of the motor used and restricted to perhaps the electrical cycle frequency? If so what is the maximum electrical frequency?
3. Can you please confirm the ASIC incorporates a PI speed control loop, PI current control loop as both the Speed/Current (combined) PI control loop?
4. Using a single shunt will save costs and free up the Opamp for another circuit, however what are the drawbacks to only using one shunt? I was under the impression that two shunt resistors were required for FOC algorithms (as the third phase is calculated)

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Reply
snget2
5 sign-ins First like received 25 replies posted

Thank you, for using our Controller(iMOTION1.0). Sorry, this product(IRMCK099) are obsoleted. We are not support it anymore. We are recommend for you to use iMOTION2.0(IMC101T, or IMD111T) for new design

0 Likes