Pin Allocator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User12811
Level 1
Level 1
My Pin Allocator doesn't let me assign any Pins. A few days ago everything was just fine, but suddenly it stoped working on two different PCs. Any Idea, what could have caused this?
0 Likes
12 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Could you send us the log file located in your workspace at .metadata/.log?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Not applicable
Not sure if this is of help here but same thing happened to me as well. Problem was that I imported a dave project through
--- (project) right klick menu -> import... -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace ----
And not through
--- (project) right klick menu -> import... -> Infineon -> DAVE Project ----
as recommended. This seemd to confuse the DAVE solver.
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User12811
Level 1
Level 1

This is my log file.

It wasn't imported in the first place. I created the project on my PC and worked there. After it stopped working I exported and imported it properly. But nice to know that this can cause this error.
0 Likes
User12811
Level 1
Level 1
I think I found the cause. In the Pin Allocator is a Warning Message which says "unable to load ECO file". But I don't know how to fix this. I tried to reinstall it a few times, but didn't help at all.
0 Likes
User12811
Level 1
Level 1
Does nobody have a clue how to fix the eco file?
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
Hi,

Actually the problem is an exception occurring before, see line 1237 of the log file. The eco file is copied from the library store, see line 1232 of the log file.
Potential reasons for the exception:
- No enough memory
- Corruption of the eco file
- firewall blocking the communication between eclipse and the solver process (based on sockets).

Could you try creating a new workspace and import again the project?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User12811
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

I created a new workspace, but it didn't help. For the memory, I have 16GB of RAM so it shouldn't be a Problem.
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
Hi,

Please check the firewall is not blocking the communication between eclipse and the solver.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User12811
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

Did it, didn't work either.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Could you send us the log file located in your workspace at .metadata/.log?
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User12811
Level 1
Level 1
Here it is.
0 Likes
User12811
Level 1
Level 1
Finally I got it to work again. I had to reinstall Dave and on top of that I deleted the D_librarystore_4.1 file. After that Dave suggested an update, which I ignored this time and now it works. So my tip is that the update caused the issue for me.
0 Likes