infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PWM_CCU8 module stops when debugging

New Member New Member metteo.facchinetti is on a distinguished road

PWM_CCU8 module stops when debugging

Hi,

I'm using the app CCU8 to generate a PWM signal and when I stop my application in a breakpoint
    also the generated PWM signal stops.

Is possible to debug the application unless stops the PWM signal?

Regards,
    Matteo

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

I was not able to reproduce your issue.

Could you share your project?
    Could you check the value of GCTRL.SUSCFG bitfield when you stop your application? It should read 0.

Regards,
    Jesus
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

New Member New Member metteo.facchinetti is on a distinguished road
    Hi Jesus,

you are right.
    GCTRL.SUSCFG bitfield is 0 and PWM continue when debugging.
    We have wrong, because in field, the motor goes in an anomaly condition and pull a lot of current, so we can't watch the signal.

Knowing the problem I want to try a different solution.
    I like to stop the motor and put the output in a know state.

In GCTRL.SUSCFG bitfield, I see that there's the 0x10 mode that stops the block immediatly and clamps all the output to PASSIVE state....
    but I don't understand howo to set the passive state in a way that put the output signal low.
    How can I do that?

Beginner Beginner griso is on a distinguished road
    Hi!
    I also have the same problem. I need to bring the PWM outputs into a safe condition.

Read the GCTRL.SUSCFG documentation below

Suspend Mode Configuration
    This field controls the entry in suspend mode for all the CCU8 slices.
    00B Suspend request ignored. The module neverenters in suspend
    01B Stops all the running slices immediately. Safe stop is not applied.
    10B Stops the block immediately and clamps all the outputs to PASSIVE state. Safe stop is applied.
    11B Waits for the roll over of each slice to stop and clamp the slices outputs. Safe stop is applied.

Setting 10B or 11B can not get the desired result.
    Are there other settings to do?

If you have any idea of that
    Thanks in advance
    regards
    Stefano

New Member New Member amanning will become famous soon enough
    I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone can answer my question.

In the Suspend Mode Configuration the expression "Safe stop" is used, but this expression is not explained anywhere in the reference manual.
    What is "Safe stop"?

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

"safe stop" means that no glitches are produced when the suspend is enforced: the CCU8,CCU4 waits until the timer reaches its period/rollover, to avoid any abrupt chopping of a PWM signal, that could i.e. generate shorts outside

Regards,
    Jesus
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.