What's the purpose of EEPROM from IRMCS0199-1-M1 board?

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi there,

After install the software package "99 Series Installer", there is a schematic file named IRMCS0199-1-M1.pdf under path iMotion\IRMCS0199-1-M1\Hardware.
From this schematic file, a component named "Parameters EEPROM" can be found. Would some one please kindly tell me the usage of this component? Is it intended to replace the OTP memory which is for storing parameters as well.
As far as I can tell, the OTP memory can only be programmed 31 times, however the EEPROM has no such limitation. So if the OTP memory can be replaced by EEPROM, such limitation can be avoided, it will be a good news.

BR,
Terry
0 Likes
3 Replies
forix
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hello,

The OTP memory can only be programmed one time as the name is telling us (OTP one time programmable). The external EEPROM is optional, if you have it designed on your PCB, it may be used as a storage for the motor parameter.
On reboot of the device the OTP memory (program and motor parameter data) are transferred to RAM and will run from there. In debug mode you can download your debugging code and parameter to the RAM. After finishing your debugging, when you are ready to go for production you will program the OTP memory range.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply. However it doesn't answer my question. My question is how to use this EEPROM to store parameters and later how to ask IRMCK099M to use parameters stored in this EEPROM instead of the ones in OTP? I just couldn't find any document/manual to describe this. Would you please help me?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi well your question is Too technical to comment 🙂 and i am happy to read but seriously i am also interested to know the answer of this question https://flashessay.com/ and you can visit this website may you can get help from well knowledge community thanks.
0 Likes