Four SPI and two UART Channels in a single XMC1302

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
I have an application in which I have to use four SPI channels (not simultaneously) and two UART Channels. I have built a project successfully containing these all. I want to know whether it would work or not. Please find attached herewith the project as SMC.zip.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
I apologize for asking for four SPI channels. Actually I need three and there are three SPI and two UART Channels in the attached project mentioned above. In my algorithm I need two USIC channels at a time. Can I use this project as starting platform?
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
Why not verifying it on your own XMC13x board?
0 Likes
Not applicable
It's not only about verifying, I have a doubt whether I can switch USIC channels at 500 ms interval. Will it be feasible and robust considering the ARM architecture of Infineon?
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
It has nothing to do with the ARM architecture. USIC is not a part of ARM core.

In my opinion, you could switch the configuration of USIC. But at which a frequency it is feasible and stable, No one could give a theoretical prediction. It depends on many other conditions.

I guess you must try it on the real hardware and don't believe anyone others' assumption.
0 Likes