XMC1300 pure sine wave inverter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello All,

I have to write the software for pure sinewave inverter.

I have written the code to generate Center Aligned Mode 10 KHz PWM with 1 microsecond dead time using CCU08.

Configured VADC.

Could any please guide me how to generate the sinewave now (DCRC/LUT method)?

CORDIC Coprocessor might be the thing that I have to imlement, but presently I am blank how to use it.

Previously we were using dsPIC mcu from microchip. But now all our projects are shifted and are pipeline for XMC series of mcu.

Microchip has many proven reference examples. But here for infineon I am not been able to get the desired references.

Whether CORDIC should be used for inverter application or some other techinique is to be grasp.

The mcu we are using is : XMC1302-Q40x0064

Please guide and reply me ASAP.

Regards,
Tinchu
0 Likes
5 Replies
Eric1
Employee
Employee
Hi akshatra,

The fastest solution is to use a PWM_SVM App.

This is an APP for Motor Control input is angle and amplitude.
increase the angle linear and you have a sine wave.
(this is generating 3 PWMs with 6 Output pins)

Enable the period match and connect it to an ADC_MEASUREMENT_ADV App and the CCU8 is triggering the ADC.
(right click HW Signal Connection)

But for sure you can also do it by your own.
Update the CCU8 compare register and enable auto shadow update for compare register. The register fill you can do in SW or via DMA.

Regards
Eric
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
CORDIC Coprocessor is only a hardware accelerating unit to aid your calculating. Whether you need it depends on the performance requirement.
0 Likes
CasadoRa
Employee
Employee
Hi,

I do have a problem using PWM_SVM App for XMC1302. I followed the example given in APP Help > Usage but it does not update the pulse lengths, it is always a fixed pulse for the three output.

Hope you can help me.

Aitor
0 Likes
User15589
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted Welcome!
I am very interested in this issue too.
Please, some experienced user could help?
0 Likes
User15589
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted Welcome!
Nobody?
I really did expect more activities for this forum.
I am evaluating the use of Infineon microcontrollers for new projects, and I think that forum supports is an important issue to consider when we select a microcontroller brand for our products.
0 Likes