Slow progress...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Anyone else experiencing DAVE4.3.2 hanging for around a minute on opening a workspace, with the 'Progress Information Operation in progress..' dialogue showing ?
Have a solution to speed up?
Seems to be random, not restricted to a particular workspace or workspaces.
A given workspace can sometimes open within seconds, sometimes hangs on above dialogue for a minute.
After 10 or 20 seconds with dialogue showing, the dialogue starts flashing, between highlighted, and not highlighted. Not sure of the significance, if any, of this.
At bottom-right, during these minute waits, it says something about indexing C/C++ code. And the short green progress bar, slowly fades grey to green and repeats.
0 Likes
2 Replies
User10538
Level 3
Level 3
this long load time happen to me only when i change the sources external to the dave environment (e.g. pulling new files from GIT).
Dave seems to see only that something has changed and has to then reparse _everything_, like the indexer used for autocompletion. I think this is sadly normal and can't be helped.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks Andy, ah that perhaps ties with my activity, I'll try limiting external edits
0 Likes