xc878 with other serial terminal application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
putyn
Employee
Employee
Hey, im am trying to use another serial terminal with an xc800 easy kit but so far i haven't been able to use anything but the USPY that comes with DaveBench

in the end i want (i already wrote parts of it) an Labwindow CVI application running on a PC and communicating with the xc800 easy kit, via serial, but no matter what application i use the board seems not to receive what i send. I have also tried connecting an external usb to serial to the UART port without success

does anyone have any idea what could cause this issue ?

Thanks,
Vlad
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hmm, I was planning to try that. But so far I'm only using SSC to shift data into external registers.

I haven't worked on UART at all, but I suppose it could be anything like start/stop bits, timing issues, byte width etc.. I read the UART chapter in the handbook and it doesn't look too difficult to implement. I do all my live debugging I/O over CAN at the moment, so there isn't much pressure to support UART.
0 Likes
Juergen
Employee
Employee
Hi,

There could be any number of issues like configuration, interrupts, baudrate, coding, etc.
Are you using DAvE to configure the device? Can you share your code please?

Best Regards
Jurgen
0 Likes
putyn
Employee
Employee
hey Juergen,

i managed to fix the problem by sniffing the traffic between the ftdi chip and xc878 with an logic analyzer apparently the USPY toggles the one of the ftdi control line (dont remember exactly which one could be DTR/CTS)
0 Likes
Not applicable
XC888 Easy Kit, latest DAS driver, Win7 same Problem. Easy Kit stops execution from flash and from debugger (DAVE Bench) when connecting mttty or other terminal program. Only workaround found is using USpy. It is no solution for our end-application... Controlled by oszi on XC888 TxD that communication is correct until terminal is connected...
Deti
0 Likes