Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello
I am trying to use emWin with XMC4500-F100x1024.
The Flash size for this MCU is 1Mb and RAM size is 160k.
My Display is 800x480 , and my driver is SSD1963 in 16-bit parallel RGB565 mode.
I am having troubles with the emWin library which I have posted elsewhere.
On my board I have a QSPI N25Q032 from Micron as an external flash.
My Goal :
I want to store all images, Fonts and any memory hungry resources required by emWin to this Flash.
EmWin should fetch these images/fonts/gif etc. from the Flash and draw them to the TFT.
What I can achieve till now:
I can read and write to the flash in 256 byte page size and read it, but all values are hex values.
Problem statement:
EmWin requires images which it renders, stored as a C-file, included at compile time in local flash.
I use BMPconvert images to C-files.
I include these files and I have no problem drawing these on the TFT.
I am planning to store these images to the external flash during run time over a USB communication interface of XMC4500. A Windows based software will talk with the XMC4500 for this.
I know how to transfer data over USB, but unsure how to transfer a C-file likewise.
I don’t know how emWin would fetch this data from the external flash at runtime.
EmWin requires more RAM, it seems since most of transparency, multilayer and alpha blending functions have never worked for me.
In the GUI_SEGGERLIBRARY app, if I enable the cache for non-readable display, emWin crashes. Perhaps there is insufficient memory.
I am trying to use GUI_DrawStreamedBitmap() but not able to understand how it can used in my case where the data to be streamed is under another protocol layer (QSPI).
I have been running from pillar to post but unable to understand or resolve this.
Please help me.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
Nobody?

Best regards
0 Likes