infineon4engi@twitter infineon4engineers infineon@linkedin infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: spi pins not exposed in xmc 4200

Beginner Beginner leosuriya is on a distinguished road

spi pins not exposed in xmc 4200

hi everyone,

I am using xmc 4200 microcontroller in hexagonal application kit. I haven't seen any spi pins exposed to interface with my devices. I also saw in boards manual and there is no pins exposed even in ACT (satellite conductor). Please help me out to find spi pins or else give an idea to interface spi with other devices by multiplexing. If any multiplexing available, please give me an idea of doing it.

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    DRubeša will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

so you can use USIC module 0 channel 1 which is, for the mentioned board, connected to the following pins:
    P2.4 (SCK)
    P2.5 (MOSI)
    P2.2 (MISO)
    P2.3 (CS/SS)

and how to expose the pins so you can connect them to your slave device? Use pin extension board that is provided inside your Hexagon application kit.
    http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/produ...33daf9e260112c

Best regards,
    Deni
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hi DRubesa,

I am using Dave 3.1.10. The examples which downloaded from library didn't have pin configurations(I had only 0.7,0.8 and 2 other pins) as u said. I also tried with your pin configurations by creating new projects(There I got your pin configs) and importing spi into it. But still I can't see any changes from SCLK and CS on oscilloscope. Please tell me how to correct it and get the clock signals at the port 2.4.

Thanks & Regards,
    Suriya.

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Hi Suriya,

can you please tell me if it´s mandatory for you to use DAVE 3? Do you have such a requirement or there is a chance of using DAVE 4. I´m asking that while it´s much easier to provide you with an example for DAVE 4.

Once you answer me this question, I will see how I can support you further.

Best regards,
    Deni
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hi Deni,

Ya I also have Dave 4.3.2. I don't have working spi samples in that too. So please provide me the spi example for xmc4200 in version 4.

Additionally, I am going to use FreeRTOS in my complete process. There is no availability of FreeRTOS in version 4. So I preferred version 3. Please also provide FreeRTOS port if had.

Thanks & Regards,
    Suriya.

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Hi Suriya,

you have examples for both SPI and FreeRTOS as part of DAVE Project library. Go to "Help" -> "Install DAVE APP/Example/Device Libray..". Just in case disable option "Hide items that are already downloaded" (maybe you already have installed some examples in the past, so I want to be sure we start from a clean state). Select in "Work with" dropdown menu "DAVE Project Library Manager". Then select the XMC4500 series and you´ll find FreeRTOS example. Also, you can find SPI example using DAVE APPs.

Additionally, take a look at http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineo...4ed93960ae3391 for some detailed description regarding USIC module and SPI specifically and finally, take a look at the given example code: http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineo...b13903518&sd=t

P.S I know you´re using XMC4200 instead of XMC4500 but there are mostly minor differences (pins that are used and maybe USIC module and channel).

Best regards,
    Deni

Hi Deni,

Thanks for your support and help Deni. I did some changes in connectivity so that I can get the SCLK as well as Data in Dave version 3 itself. The pins you configured is absolutely perfect. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Suriya.

Changes in configuration

Hi Deni,

For my slave device, I have to give 10 clocks as leading delay and 3 clocks as trailing delay. I was unable to give that separately because in DAVE there will be configured as Lead trail delay in the same. Without this configuration, I can't able to read from my slave device. Please suggest me how to do this manually or else give me a different idea of getting those configuration.

Thanks & Regards,
    Suriya

Beginner Beginner
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Hi Suriya,

from what I see it´s not possible to distinguish leading and trailing delay...they share the same XMCLib function call and the same register bitfield (BRG.DCTQ) is used for the calculation of both delays. However, I assume that 10 and 3 are MINIMAL values, not exact ones....meaning that you can try to set value 10 and then OK, trailing delay will be slightly bigger than it should be (a little bit slower baudrate but i´m pretty sure you don´t need to run it on the maximal speed), but I guess the slave device shouldn´t complain. Can you please tell me what is the slave device or give me the link to the reference manual, so I can take a look at the time diagram to verify my suspicions.

Best regards,
    Deni

Hi Deni,

Thanks for your support. I still have some doubts on my slave device. But before that, I couldn't able to see clock and chip select signals while reading through SPI (SPI001_ReadData) and I was able to see those signals while writing (SPI001_WriteData). Still I am using Dave 3.1.10 and I also have 4.2.6. Actually you have shared some examples for SPI and FreeRTOS. Is that files are used for Dave 4.2.6 or Dave 4.3.2??

Thanks & Regards,
    Suriya.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.