Clean DAVE installation acting strange

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User12472
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I tryed to install Dave (v4.3.2) on my PC the very first time and couldn't get it running without any errors. During the start up phase of the program I get an error message that eclipse has stoped working, but by pressing the "close the program" button the start continues. by the time loading the project I get the same error again, followed by the Dave error "Error occured while connecting to the solver process". But again it continues. Now it's possible to create a new project and to add some APPs to it. It's also possible to configure those APPs, but when I'm trying to set up the HW signal connections every APP comes up with the message "Selected APP doesnot contain output signal". So I imported an existing project to my workspace and tryed to change some of the already existing signal connections. The tools is showing them but by opening the drop down menu the existing connection disappears. Very strange. The Pin Mapping doesn't work either.

By the way. In the meanwhile I got full admin rights, cleaned the registry, removed the workspace and reinstalled Dave several times but I always came to the same result.

Does anyone has a hint for me?
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Which OS are you using?
The error regarding not being able to connect to solver could be a symptom for an anti-virus or firewall problem blocking the access to the solver process (´based on socket connection).

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User12472
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

I'm using Windows 7. I will check the hint with the firewall. In the meanwhile I installed Dave in a VM with Windows 7 and nothing else installed and everything is working fine. I'm going to use Dave just for the start up phase of the project, so the VM is enough. But it would be interesting why it's not running in the real world.

Dennis
0 Likes