iMOTION(TM) MADK FAQs

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Q1: How do I get started with iMOTIONTM 2.0?
A1: There are two resources which include everything you need to get started and running with iMOTIONTM 2.0. The first is the iMOTIONTM website: www.infineon.com/imotion. The second is a guide that organizes all iMOTION resources in four steps, from getting to know iMOTION's features as the first step to advanced use as the fourth step: From novice to expert with iMOTION 2.0

Q2: Which power board should I choose for my system?
A2: We have designed an online selection tool that you can use. It lets you choose boards by application or power: www.infineon.com/madk

Q3: Which controller board should I use for my system?
A3: You need to first determine your system requirements. For motor control only, EVAL-M1-101T will do the job. For motor control and power factor correction, EVAL-M3-102T is the choice. If you have a need to implement heavy application code, consider our dual core series which features a dedicated motor control chip paired with an open core programmable chip - EVAL-M1-301F. EVAL-M3-302F adds PFC to the EVAL-M1-302F.

Q5: Where can I get all the design files for the MADK I am using?
A5: You need to register your board online to download the exclusive content. Go to the respective board page and click on the “register now” button on the right of the page.

Q6: I cannot connect to the iMOTIONTM MADK board. What should I do?
A6:

• Please make sure you are using the right serial COM port. In MCEDesigner click on Preference -> connection and select the correct COM port that is connected to the iMOTIONTM board. You can determine the COM port number from the Device Manager system app in Windows. Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) group, unplug and plug in the MADK board. Take note of the newly displayed COM port number.
  • If using MCEDesigner to configure and command the iMOTIONTM device, please ensure that in the MCEWizard settings, UART1 is selected for Q18 User UART function definition

--
Infineon iMOTION™ MADK support team
0 Likes
4 Replies
User16455
Level 1
Level 1
Links are not working. Could you update links please?
I need this one "For the kit Eval-M1-1302_05-65D: Software Package Eval-M1-1302_05-65D".
0 Likes
User16787
Level 1
Level 1
I need the Software Package Eval-M1-1302_05-65D, but the link is not working. Pealse help to on this asap. Thanks very much.
0 Likes
User16787
Level 1
Level 1
I need the Software Package Eval-M1-1302_05-65D, but the link is not working. Pealse help to on this asap. Thanks very much.
0 Likes
dakh_4791506
Employee
Employee
First like received First solution authored
Please note the updated FAQs.
0 Likes