Multican_config app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi

I tried to use MULTICAN_CONFIG APP.
It works, but:

1)
I did not find any possibility to choose input pin for CAN reception.
In generated source is chosen the pin
.rx_signal                = XMC_CAN_NODE_RECEIVE_INPUT_RXDCA,

If you want to use another it is necessary to modify generated source. At the same time
it is necessary to activate output pin manually. In this case it is possible to do it in user code
using XMC_GPIO_Init

2)
If I tried to configure Message Objects I realized that Identifier Value cannot accept zero.
Why? Identifier Zero is valid CAN Identifier used in CANOpen in NMT messages.
0 Likes
2 Replies
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi,

regarding the first question, when you´re using MULTICAN_CONFIG APP you need to add DIGITAL_IO APP as a GPIO CAN_TX and CAN_RX pins. Once you added APPs and selected from the pin mapping where they should be located, you just need to connect them by "HW Signal Connections".
And for the second question, yes you´re right. CAN_NODE APP allows to use "0" also as an Identifier Value while MULTICAN_CONFIG prohibits that. Thank you for noticing it and we will provide the bug fix for this issue as soon as possible. Until then, you will need to manually modify the generated code 😞 I know, not the best option but bug fix will be there soon.

Best regards,
Deni
0 Likes
Not applicable
When is bug-fix for ID=0 expected?
0 Likes