XMC4400 CCU8 P2.9 cannot be used as direct pwm output pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi there,

I'm using Dave 3.1.10 and an XMC4400-F64x512 Stepping Code AB. I want to use Pin 2.9 as direct PWM output to control an axial fan. I used the XMC Pinout Tool V2.1.10 to find out which CCU to use.
The pinout tool says P2.9 is available as output pin in CCU80 Slice 2 (OUT22).

In Dave I add the app PWMSP002 [1.0.34] and there I go to Manual Pin Assignment and set Resource to "pin_directoutput" but then only the following pins are available:
- P0.3
- P0.4
- P0.5
- P0.6
- P1.4
- P1.5
- P1.15

What I tried so far:
- creat a new DAVE CE project with nothing else in it but just the PWMSP002 app, so the pin 2.9 is definitly not used by another app
- install and try it with Dave4
- checked the XMC4400 errata sheet for known hardware bugs

By now it looks to me that this is a software bug in Dave and that the workaround is to not use the dave app but to directly program the XMC's registers.
0 Likes
6 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Did you try with PWM_CCU8 in DAVE4?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Not applicable
yes i tried it with dave4 but it didn't work either
0 Likes
Andi_H
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hey,

Use the pinout Tool and Check the slice usage for each ccu4 and ccu8. Some slices are using the same pins...
0 Likes
Not applicable
I already created a new DAVE CE project with nothing in it but the PWMSP002 app to verify that the pin 2.9 is definitly not used by another app.
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi Thomas,

See DAVE4 using PWM_CCU8. You need to enable the channel 2 direct output.
2354.attach

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Not applicable
Ok it's working now with Dave4 🙂 Thanks a lot for that. Unfortunately I must still use Dave3 for a while. Probably it's not going to be fixed for Dave3, is it?
0 Likes