IRMCK099 download to RAM

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

The IRMCK099 Series Reference Manual has a very nice section 3.5 Custom Programming Methods, describing in a fair level of detail what has to be done in order to program the part via JTAG with any other method, but the IR Cable. This is somewhow my scenario, as I need to program configure (via JTA) and control (via UART) the IRMCK099 from an external host MCU.

The reason is the obvious one: development and iterative testing. For that, programming the OTP is not the recommended method, but rather to download the Firmware and Parameters to RAM is what I need to do. But here, the documentation miserably fails: section 3.4 Download to RAM of IRMCK099 Series Reference Manual simply says "Kindly refer to IRCable V2 user manual for step by step process of downloading the firmware into RAM".

Where can I find information for downloading to RAM of the IRMCK099 by "Custom Method", not the IR Cable thing? I can not find the so called IRCable V2 user manual.

Kind regards.
0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Hello,

the IRCable V2 is the MCEToolV2 (the debug box). The user manual is within the 99 series installer packet in the install directory under "Documentation" with the name MCETOOLV2 User Manual (attached: ).

The MCEToolV2 debug box is also coming with our evaluation kit EVAL-M1-099M: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/EVAL-M1-099M/productType.html?productType=...

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Luxun
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Luxun,

Thamks for the reply. It however, does not answer my main question:

"Where can I find information for downloading to RAM of the IRMCK099 by "Custom Method", not the IR Cable thing?"

BTW: Nobody has stock of your EVAL-M1-099M. Anyway, I am not interested in buying it, I need to download to RAM by Custom Method. How can I achieve that?

Thanks!
0 Likes