IRMCK099M Blank?

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Dear all,

I am aware the IRMCK099M is an OTP device, therefore the answer is likely an obvious "Yes"; however, I just want to confirm... Do they come blank, and always need to be programmed by customer?

Or, do they come with the default IRMCK099FirmwareV15.bin already programmed?

I ask, because IRMCK099FirmwareV15.bin is the same one for all of IRMCP0199-1-7, IRMCP0199-1-D, IRMCS0099-0-PS and IRMCS0199-1-M1, therefore, I see no sense in having to program something that is always going to be the same.

In case "yes, the IRMCK099M comes blank and has to be programmed via JTAG by customer always", then the question is, how to generate new, custom .bin firmware?

Regards.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hello,

The standard ‘099 is not programmed and has to be programmed by the customer.
Customer has to program the actual program plus the respective motor/board configuration.
This can be done to RAM for testing purposes or to OTP for the productive variant.
In to OTP the motion program can only be programmed once and for motor parameters there are 31 ‘slots’.
Please also refer to the datasheet: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/motor-control-and-gate-driver-ics/digital-motor-contro...

Best regards
Luxun
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi. Thanks for the confirmation.

Regards.
0 Likes
snget2
5 sign-ins First like received 25 replies posted

Thank you, for using our controller(IRMCK099), this product are obsolete. We are not support, suggested for your new design. We are recommending to you to use our new iMOTION2.0, with IMC101T, or IMD111T.

0 Likes