Git Icon Decorations in Git 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

sorry if this question has been asked before, but the forum software won't let me search for terms like "Git" or "Team" because they are "too short or too common".

I'm using DAVE 4 and I'm using Git for version control, and I cannot get DAVE to show the Git label decorations, although I have set the checkmark for "Git" in the Preferences under "General - Appearance - Label Decorations". Therefore it is impossible to view for example if a file is dirty.

Is there any additional configuration that needs to be done to enable the Git icon decorations in DAVE 4?

Thanks
Stephan
0 Likes
3 Replies
User12216
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
(bump)

They also don't work for Team Foundation Server. I have seen this problem (randomly) with standard Eclipse so it may not be a DAVE problem. Some of my projects show the version number and others don't. Note that there is a decorator setting under the project properties once the project is re-synchronized with the source control server.
0 Likes
User12216
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
... answering my own question here.

I added a C/C++ Perspective and then all the decorators showed up. I switched back to the DAVE IDE perspective and the decorators stayed. Exit DAVE and restart, decorators are gone.

By the way, any customization of toolbar icons within the DAVE IDE perspective get messed up as well. Maybe it is a perspective thing in general?
0 Likes
Not applicable
prcarp wrote:
I added a C/C++ Perspective and then all the decorators showed up. I switched back to the DAVE IDE perspective and the decorators stayed. Exit DAVE and restart, decorators are gone.?

Coming back to this thread after a while, as I just installed DAVE 4.3.2 on my new laptop. I cannot confirm the conclusion that it depends on the perspective, at least not with the most recent version.

Switching to the C++ perspective shows the project directory tree by default in the "Project Explorer" view, while the "DAVE IDE" perspective shows the project directory tree in the "C/C++ Projects" view.
The view is what makes the difference. If I open the "Project Explorer" view from the "DAVE IDE" perspective, it directly shows the Git icon decorations. So it seems to be a problem of the
"C/C++ Projects" view that it does not display the Git icon decorations.
0 Likes