EBU settings with Dave4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User12109
Level 1
Level 1
We want to use Dave4 to configure and program the Controller XMC4700. In our design we have a FPGA which will be connected with the demultiplexed or multiplexed external bus. So we have to configure this external bus (CS, Timing, multiplexed/demutliplexed, ...), but I can not find an APP (-> EBU) in the DAVE4. How does Dave4 Support this Settings?
0 Likes
8 Replies
Not applicable
Hi
I have installed dave 4 into two different pc running windows 7. In one it works. Into the other the compilation process fail with the following error message:
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo., ...) failed.

It seems to me that the problem is in the command @echo. that is automatically inserted into the various makefile.
On dave 3 in the same makefiles was inserted @echo ' '

Why on one windows 7 pc it works and not in the other? which settings have I to check?
Is it possible to modify a template so that the automatically generated makefile includes @echo ' ' instead of @echo. ?
0 Likes
oreste
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
Which version of Dave 4 have you installed ?
In latest version of Dave 4 the echo string is surrounded by single quotes:
e.g @echo 'Invoking: ARM-GCC Print Size'

0 Likes
User12109
Level 1
Level 1
I think this is another Problem and not an answer to my question. Does anybody know how Dave4 supports the Settings for the EBU?
0 Likes
oreste
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
KneerA wrote:
I think this is another Problem and not an answer to my question. Does anybody know how Dave4 supports the Settings for the EBU?

We do not plan to develop an EBU APP, but we have in mind to develop an EBU CONFIG APP, which create an init function to initialize the EBU module and to operate it the XMC Lib can be used. Also for this APP is no firm plan yet.
0 Likes
User9202
Level 1
Level 1
Hi oreste,

we have the same problem for XMC4800 and it would be very nice if you could implement such an EBU CONFIG APP in the next time.

In the meantime, do you have an example how to initialize the EBU without an APP?
0 Likes
User12281
Level 1
Level 1
Hi oreste,
Do you have EBU CONFIG APP or EBU configuration example available? I have an application that have to use EBU for external SRAM and external Flash access.
Regards,
Yaoxin
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Have a look at the XMCLib distribution. In the example folder you will find an EBU example to interface a SDRAM device.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User12281
Level 1
Level 1
Jesus,
Thank you for the help!

Regards,
Yaoxin
0 Likes