HRPWM problem on XMC 4200

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User9897
Level 2
Level 2
hi,

I have a problem with the HRPWM unit on a XMC4200.

The problem is that when I write the values 0x3A or 0x3B into the SCR1 and SCR2 registers, a puls is missing every now and then in the output signal. All other values work fine.

Any ideas?

Regards
Frank
0 Likes
3 Replies
P__Yélamos
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First like given 5 sign-ins
Hello,

in order to fully understand the Problem I Need more Information on your set up? is main clock 80MHz? Do you use set and clear from CCU8 timer? which is the on time programmed in CCU8?

If you try a higher value than 0x3B, is it working well? do you use APPs or XMC Lib?

BR
Pablo
0 Likes
User9897
Level 2
Level 2
It shouldn't be a software problem since I ran this code on an XMC4400 without problems.

I did a few more tests and it seems to be a problem only with one chip. On other chips it worked fine.
So most likely a hardware problem, maybe esd-damage or production fault, who knows.

Frank
0 Likes
P__Yélamos
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First like given 5 sign-ins
Hello,

XMC4400 and XMC4200 have typically 2 different main clock frequencies: 120MHz and 80MHz respectively. As the Minimum step width of HRPWM is fixed to 150ps, the maximum number of steps of HR (CR1 or/and CR2) is different in both devices. That might justify your issue.

BR
Pablo
0 Likes