Copter.rocks - LARIX_Software_150907 - Usable PID values?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hey
We've been trying for couple of days now to get the widefield with the "LARIX_Software_150907" to fly.
Does anyone of you have some usable PID values?
In the last mail from Walter they used the PIDs you can look up in the picture.
We tried quite a few different propellers but the copter still shakes hard.

Is there anyone who actually managed to fly the widefield platine with the given software?
cheers
Max

2255.attach
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
As no one seems interested in our problem 😉 and we still could not figure out which values work, we decided to try programming our own controller.
Starting with a simple rate, then adding an angle controller.

As its not really possible to hold the copter in a complete steady position when connecting the battery we decided to skip the calibration of the sensors,
because the sensors are already quite good calibrated and every movement in the first few seconds would generate errors.
We also found some issues with the heading in the existing code.

We are currently testing our controller but as we burned our board it will take a while to repair.
As soon as we get the needed parts will keep on testing.

We'll keep you informed!
0 Likes
Not applicable
Alright so we ordered the needed diod and soldered it to the board.
Unfortunately that did not solve our problem so we took a hard look at all the other parts within the concerning area.
As the labeling and the icons in the WideField_V2.brb and WideField_V2.sch files are very confusing and some times lack critical information,
it was hard for us to reverse engineer the problem.

We remembered that after we connected the board via battery for the first time, the resistors [C26 & C27 in the picture], got really hot.

2318.attach

This seemed odd but as the board worked correctly we decided to ignore it.
Now with so many problems we tried to get to the bottom of this issue.
We found a small crack at the bottom witch breaks the ground circuit throughout the board.

2319.attach

This was an easy fix (see below).

2320.attach

We still don't want to plug in our ESCs because there is definitely something wrong with the power regulator [VREG1 in the first picture].
There should be 5V coming from pin 6 from the VREG1 but we measured 7,2V.
We checked the specs of the component and figured that who ever designed the board must have miss calculated something.
7.2V is way to much, no wonder the resistors get hot like hell.
Maybe they calculated the switching input with 11.1V (3S standard voltage)?
Problem is that a fully charged 3S battery has more than 12V.

We'll do some more testing with a half empty battery to try to get at the bottom of this.
In the meantime, could someone with another copy of the board please measure the following currents for us with a 3S battery connected so we have something to compare?!

2321.attach

There might also be a problem with the TTL2 Buck-boost converter, we'll check that out with an osci.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

I measured the voltages for you.
With a 3S battery connected, I measured 5.04V and 3.32V as shown in your image.
With USB power connected, I measured 4.7V and 3.3V instead.
All other voltages you can see on my documentation: http://www2.futureware.at/~philipp/WidefieldVoltages.pdf
First I documented the USB powered voltages, then I measured the 3S battery voltages and circled those values that were different.

@Herbert: It seems that the 4 LEDs at the corners of the PCB are powered with 12V when 3S-battery powered. Are you sure LEDs need that much voltage?
0 Likes
User10958
Level 1
Level 1
Just for the record, Alexander yesterday pointed out, that the fast increase in speed may be related to a XMC reset function.
0 Likes