New to Arm Programming And XMC2GO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Good Day,

I'm working on a power electronics project, and seeking guidance from Infineon,Bangalore.
I intend using a digital control law for the feedback control system, and I'm completely new to Arm programming.
I have an XMC2GO with me.
How do I learn to program it? What all do I need to know to be able to program it in C? Like all those registers, GPIO, Interrupts etc?
Is there any resource to learn from?
How should I begin? I only have prior experience programming Arduino, so I don't think that is of any big help.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Arvind S
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
1.) Download and install the latest version of DAVE. It will ship with a GCC compiler that can be optimized.
2.) If you look through the forums, you will find some of my code that actually works with the XCM1100 processor. Unfortunately, Infineon's support of the XMC1100 processors is poor.

I am pretty big fan of the XMC2GO, and I have written code to simultaneously run both a boost converter and a fly-back converter. The XMC1000 processors are thoroughbred power supply processors!

Steve.
0 Likes