XMC4300 SDIO interface using XMC4700 Example Code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
At the Dave Downloads page, there is a SDMMC example for the XMC4700

It works on the XMC4300 with a bit of wire. Led 1 is P4_0, the required port for DAT0, dropping a wire to the XMC43 side of LED1 gets you the DAT0, ports 3_5 & 3_6 are on the Arduino breakout pins.

Once hardware was setup, I followed the instructions provided in the readme_PDF, setting up the Dave APPS for UART and FATFS + SDMMC_0. I changed the pins to appropriate for my application, 1bit SDIO, used the built in Dave Init functions and shamelessly cut and pasted the main.c from the example code. I found some issues running. I kept getting error at execution of anything in the sdmmc struct that pointed to the sdmmc registers. It was pointed to NULL by the DAVE APP generation. Eventually I just replaced NULL with a pointer to the address of the register and she took off and I can write to SD. Is there a configuration I am missing that would allow it to find the register base by itself?

The register is the same XMC4300 to XMC4500 to XMC47/4800, always at 0x4801C000;

Line 160 of sdmmc_block_conf.c was

.sdmmc = NULL, /* SDMMC instance */

Replaced with:

.sdmmc = (void *) 0x4801C000, /* SDMMC instance */

Looking in the files provided with the example as I format this post, I see that line 223 of sdmmc_block_conf.c was

.sdmmc = XMC_SDMMC, /* SDMMC instance */

Which resolves to 0x4801C000. Again, my question is did I miss a step somewhere? Or could it be an APP issue since the example code has the XMC_SDMMC base address define?
0 Likes
1 Reply
DRubeša
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
HI jkennedy,

thank you for pointing this out. We identified this as a bug and it will be fixed as soon as possible. You already found a workaround which you can use until we fix the bug in DAVE APP generation.

Best regards
Deni
0 Likes