infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Initialization fails after Reset the CAN module.

harshan

Initialization fails after Reset the CAN module.

Hi Sir/Madam,
    i am working on xmc4200. inside main() after clock configuration i am initialising the can module, and i am successfully communicate with can based devices. Now as per Requirement
    in my project requirement i need to reset the CAN module, and again need to reinitialise the can module and communicate with device.

for reset can module i was done like below

PRCLR1 |= 0x00000010;
    PRSET1 |= 0x00000010;
    RSTCLR |= 0x01;

by doing the above procedure i can able to reset the can module i.e., all the CAN register are turned into 0xFFFFFFFF (Observed in Keil).
    now if i am trying to reinitialize the CAN then it is not able initialize. should i had missed any thing else in resetting the module?

Thanks and regards,
    Harshan.

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    DRubeša will become famous soon enough
    So, I tried to replicate your issue and in my case, I don´t have any problems with re-initialization of the CAN module. After initialization, I added 3 lines of code that you mentioned in your post to reset the CAN module. Immediately after, I called the "XMC_CAN_Enable()" function (I guess you don´t need even to use whole functionality of this function, CAN module is enabled by line "obj->CLC &= ~(uint32_t)CAN_CLC_DISR_Msk;"). Can you please try to re-initialize the CAN module with this function? Or maybe I understood your post wrongly . Then please, provide me with some additional information.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

harshan
    Hi Drubesa,
    Thanks for Reply, The Problem was resolved actually there is one flag which i was not enabled in my code.

Thanks and Regards,
    Harshan

+ Reply to Thread