XMC4800 EtherCAT CiA402 Profile

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11870
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted Welcome!
Hello
Is there any example project or sample OD file (xls) for CiA402 motion profile on XMC4800? I try to modify the OD in XMC4800_Relax_EtherCat_APP_Slave_SSC example but SSC doesn't regconize the CiA402 profile, RxPDO, TxPDO.
I am really appriciate for any help!
0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelIFX
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
mophong wrote:
Hello
Is there any example project or sample OD file (xls) for CiA402 motion profile on XMC4800? I try to modify the OD in XMC4800_Relax_EtherCat_APP_Slave_SSC example but SSC doesn't regconize the CiA402 profile, RxPDO, TxPDO.
I am really appriciate for any help!

Hi mophong,
we do not have an example for CiA402 Motion profiles prepared.

Basically the process is as follows: You define your OD inside the Excel-sheet- With this you regenerate the SSC-source-code and the esi-file. Do not forget to download the esi file to the host so the slave-information on host matches your slave node implementation.

What do you mean by "SSC doesn't recognize the CiA402 Profile"?

btw: I believe you are an ETG member. You can check with ETG if they already have an OD file (CiA402 Profile) for their SSC stack prepared.
0 Likes
User11870
Level 1
Level 1
Hi MichaelIFX,
Thanks for your response. I am doing quite well with 5001 profile applications using sample OD but CiA402. Anyway, I will try to modify "manually" the default CiA402 example of SSC (for ET1100 actually). When Infineon have such example, please inform!
btw: thank you for XMC4800 EtherCAT solution, I am moving from ET1100 and LAN9252 to XMC4800.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I have exactly same sort of issue.

mophong, did you find a way to create OD file and make the CiA402 work? Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
User11870
Level 1
Level 1
Hi reTok,
I manually make state machine for my project.
0 Likes
User14803
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Mophong,

I have the same questions about XMC4800 CiA402.
Can you share the LAN9252 CiA402 example?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!
0 Likes