XMC4800 relax kit with EtherCAT: I2C 16x2 LCD control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello all,

I'm new with these microcontrollers and programing with Dave.

So, I want to control 16x2 i2c LCD ( http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2021770.pdf ) with XMC4800. And I still can't find out which Dave APP to use (I2C Master or I2C Config), how it works and it's configuration, maybe exists some libraries for I2C LCD's or examples?

Maybe someone tries something like this, and can help?

Thanks!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
I just figure it out how to set up LCD with I2C Master App. But maybe someone knows how to do that, I can send words, by typing them like in Arduino libraries? Now can only write something by sending combinations of hex commands.
0 Likes
User22251
Level 1
Level 1
Hello karolis1,

I am new to these development boards. I am currently working with XMC4300 relax kit which has less spare pins. Can you share how to use I2C keypad and LCD example using DAVE compiler ?
0 Likes
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted
Hi @karolis1,

You can read thoroughly about I2C MASTER APP and I2C Config APP by opening DAVE. In DAVE -> Help -> Help Contents -> DAVE APPS. I would recommend you to go through the "Usage" section for both the APP documents since it gives a clear understanding of which APP can be used in what scenarios and also, what would be suitable for your application. It also tells you how to write the code depending on the APP you choose. Please go through this and let us know if it helps you.

Also, can you please let us know which keypad interface are you using, since you mentioned "Now can only write something by sending combinations of hex commands." ?

Best Regards,
Aashita
0 Likes