Dave 4.2.6 freertos + lwip + Ethercat APPS = hardware resources issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm investigating a way to port our current FreeRtos + lwip application over XMC4800 infineon platform to take advantage of Ethercat integrated node.
I'm using Dave 4.2.6 and want to add those 3 APPs: ECAT_SSC[4.0.6], ETH_LWIP[4.0.6] and FREERTOS[4.0.14]. Any of these works 2 by 2 but when adding a third one, I get an error message "DAVE is not able to grant your last hardware resources request".
Strange thing is that ECAT_SSC and ETH_LWIP works together and adding FREERTOS makes this message appears whereas it doesn't share any HW resource to me (except clock).
Is there any incompatibility there or could it be tool issue?
Regards
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
I am having a similar Issue using the XMC4700.

Connected a watchdog, systimer and a uart APP to the CLOCK_XMC_4 App. Then, when trying to add the freertos[4.0.16] I get the "dave is not able to grant the latest hardware resource request" error.

Any ideas?

2736.attach
0 Likes
JerryTAN
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

JerryTAN_0-1649292639416.png

you should first add LWIP ,and config it to enable supporting RTOS, like above pic

0 Likes
Not applicable
Found the "solution" to problem above. When I removed the Systimer app I could add the freertos app.
However I don't understand why one cannot have both...
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Both FREERTOS and SYSTIMER APP need the systick hardware resource exclusively, therefore the conflict.
In the FREERTOS APP you could select a different tick source that the systick. In this case you could add the SYSTIMER APP.
Nevertheless I would just go for FREERTOS and use the timers it provides.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes