Ethernet Demo - Outbound communication

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello

(I hope somebody can help me with this thread)

I am trying to enable ethernet communication on an Infineon Aurix Tricore, specifically TC29x. To this end I am using the Aurix SW_framework_tools and the ILLD supplied by Infineon on their Aurix workspace page (if you ask for access).
In the ILLD package and demo, they have a ethernet demo with loopback_mode enabled. This demo works fine on the board. I then wanted to send out a package to another machine to enable ethernet communication. I have tried fiddling around with settings, using wireshark with cross-over-cable, wireshark with switch, against windows and linux pc's. With no packages received
I am therefore unsure if the demo has the pinmap configured correctly, and/or if some settings I have missed should be changed. My question is therefore if anyone has enabled ethernet communication using the infineon tools, and can guide me?

Tools
I have chosen the HighTec toolchain using the debuger UDE, all are from the free tools available on Infineon.

Board
Infineon Aurix Tricore TC299 Starter Kit.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Claas wrote:
Hello

I am trying to enable ethernet communication on an Infineon Aurix Tricore, specifically TC29x. To this end I am using the Aurix SW_framework_tools and the ILLD supplied by Infineon on their Aurix workspace page (if you ask for access).
In the ILLD package and demo, they have a ethernet demo with loopback_mode enabled. This demo works fine on the board. I then wanted to send out a package to another machine to enable ethernet communication. I have tried fiddling around with settings, using wireshark with cross-over-cable, wireshark with switch, against windows and linux pc's. With no packages received
I am therefore unsure if the demo has the pinmap configured correctly, and/or if some settings I have missed should be changed. My question is therefore if anyone has enabled ethernet communication using the infineon tools, and can guide me?

Tools
I have chosen the HighTec toolchain using the debuger UDE, all are from the free tools available on Infineon.

Board

I have the exact same issue. Has anyone figured out how to do this?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello All,

Before reading this post, I also noticed the same issue posted in the link from vlylin.
However I still get absolutely nothing from the PHY. Has this issue been solved?
0 Likes
User16330
Level 2
Level 2
Claas wrote:
Hello

Tools

Board

hi, can you please help me out, am trying to run the ethernet demo code on TC234 but its not getting run, the problem is that while using UDE and debugging it The programme gets stuck in

** \defgroup IfxLld_Cpu_Intrinsics_Gnucsingle_assembly Insert Single Assembly Instruction
The next table provides an overview of the intrinsic functions that you can use to insert a single assembly
instruction.You can also use inline assembly but these intrinsics provide a shorthand for frequently used
assembly instructions.
* \ingroup IfxLld_Cpu_Intrinsics_Gnuc
* \{
*/

/** Insert DEBUG instruction
*/
IFX_INLINE void Ifx__debug(void)
{
__asm__ volatile ("debug" : : : "memory");
}

please help me out.
0 Likes
User16323
Level 1
Level 1
hi vivek

did u find any solution ?
0 Likes
User16330
Level 2
Level 2
SKG238234 wrote:
hi vivek

did u find any solution ?

Hi,
Thanks for asking at least, 🙂 because these days was fedup seeing no one is viewing my message. Atleast someone is able to see me.

Coming back to your question, am afraid to say No.

But while continuous debugging I found out that after executing these line of codes

void IfxEth_enableModule(void)
{
{
uint16 l_TempVar = IfxScuWdt_getCpuWatchdogPassword();
IfxScuWdt_clearCpuEndinit(l_TempVar);
ETH_CLC.U = 0;
IfxScuWdt_setCpuEndinit(l_TempVar);
}
}

the UDE gets stuck in this,

/** Insert DEBUG instruction
*/
IFX_INLINE void __debug(void)
{
__asm__ volatile ("debug" : : : "memory");
}

But now I don't know why this is happening, am new to AURIX, infact am new to this embedded field also, but am still trying to find out the solution of this.

I told you where the problem is, now you too try to find its solution, and to other friends over here, please help me and him out.

we/I need it to work ASAP
0 Likes