Error with ECAT_SSC and XMC_ESC.xlsx

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User9906
Level 2
Level 2
Hi,

when trying to setup the App ECAT_SSC (v4.0.6) as described in the APP Help (Apps -> Usage, Figure 6),
I get an error message when importing the XMC_ESC.xlsx with Slave Stack Code Tool version 1.3.2.0:

Create Excel file parser ...
Failed to create the object dictionary parser for 'C:\XMC_ESC.xlsx'.

What am I doing wrong?
0 Likes
3 Replies
User9906
Level 2
Level 2
It turned out that this message indicates the lack of Microsoft Excel, which is required to process the xlsx-file.
0 Likes
Not applicable
marcus wrote:
It turned out that this message indicates the lack of Microsoft Excel, which is required to process the xlsx-file.

I fought through that yesterday, no alternative to Excel works. In case someone else in trouble reads this:

Must be a real install of Excel, cannot use the Starter that comes with Windows. I also got this error when doing the conversion via the command line,
hopefully if anyone googles this error they will wind up here and know they just need Exce

"SSC OD Tool.exe" C:\Workspaces\DAVE4\WS\XMC43\SSC\XMC_ESC.xlsx

Info | Parse arguments...
Info | Create Excel file parser ...Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error:
80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at ET9300Utilities.ApplicationHandler.ExcelParser..ctor()
at ET9300Utilities.SscApplicationParser.CreateSscApplication.CreateApplication(String[] args)
at ET9300Utilities.SscApplicationParser.Program.Main(String[] args)
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

my experience:
a freeware like LibreOffice doesn't run. As solution I bought a cheap microsoft office 2007 enterprise (only 5.90 euros as download version), then the ssc tool runs.

Regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes