after loading the application through ASCBSL The Application Not Running ????

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi Sir/Madam,
I am working on XMC4500 controller, By Configuring the Hardware i switched to ASCBSL now i am trying to sending the initialise sequence with simple LED program but the Program is not running,
Please Correct me if i was wrong any where, i am doing following procedure.

i am sending 0x00

and it reply with 0xD5

then i am sending LED BLINK Application Length in Little endian order

Then it will sending 0x01 (OK)

then i am sending Application Stream(LED BLINK)

After successful Receiving it sends 0x01(OK)

Now i am expecting the code should be run i.e., the LED Blinking program should be RUN in PSRAM

But the LED Blinking is NOT Running.

i want to know whether i need to do any thing else after sending the stream?? please let me know.

Hope you understand My Problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hey.. I think you got it all wrong.

You need to send the loader software which will be install into the RAM of the XMC. Then this loader software will take over to receive the applicaiton hex code from the PC and flash program the XMC.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
The procedures you are doing is the hand shaking for ASC BSL. Can you provide your intention or requirement so that we can advise you further?

2172.attach

http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontrollers/32-bit-xmc4000-industrial-microcontrollers-a...
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Travis,
Thanks for Reply, confirm me is it necessary that loader program only should be loaded after Initialise sequence i.e, no LED blink program will not run from PSRAM???

My Requirement is i want to Execute the code from PSRAM.

i.e.,

Let say a uart based application is running from the flash.

and it received a command to update

then i should need to Write the peace of code to PSRAM which is already stored on external EEPROM

then switch the control to PSRAM.

So that on PSRAM i will write such Code that it take the User Input and Write Into Flash.

in clear view

Application Running from Flash

<- update Request Received from external Source

Take the Input from EEPROM and Write Into PSRAM

Give Control to PSRAM

<- Get Data From External Source (UART) and Write Into Flash

after Finishing the code Give Control to Flash and Run the New Code.

i hope you understand My Requirement. if any input you need from my side regarding explanation let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
harshan.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Travis,
i Read the documents of URL and tried that code it's working fine for small code, but it is not able to handling 56K size (i.e., absence of simple LED Blink i am sending my own code which is of 56K), do i need to do any other configuration??

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan.
0 Likes